When carefree summer days become chilly fall evenings, drinks should follow suit. Say goodbye for now to light, citrusy libations and look to darker, warmer alcohols to sip through the evening. A crisp fall day deserves an autumn appropriate wine or cocktail to round it out.
Here are a few enticing suggestions for fall.
- Villa Dugo Cabernet Franc - A ruby red colored wine with an intense nose and delicate palate.
- Cloisonne Zinfandel - A bright purple wine with spicy red and dark berry aromas paired with a rich mid palate. Finished with spice, red fruit, pepper and caramel notes.
- Cleto Chiarli Lambrusco - A deep rosé with a strawberry and brushwood nose. A velvety and surprisingly pleasant wine.
- BouveryCV® Chocolate Vodka - A gluten-free vodka made by infusing organic cocoa with natural flavors. The result is a rich, dark chocolate liquor perfect for cool weather combinations. Stir together 1 oz. chocolate liqueur, 1/2 oz. creme de cacao, and 1 oz. vodka, for a super chocolatey martini.
- Widow Jane 10 Year Bourbon - A signature bourbon that is ideal for fall drinks. Hand assembled in five barrel batches it makes the perfect apple cider old fashioned. Combine 2 ounces bourbon with 1/2 cup apple cider and 2 dashes Angostura bitters. Stir, pour over ice, and garnish with a cinnamon stick and an apple slice.
- Dogfish Head Punkin Ale - A brown, full-bodied ale brewed with pumpkin meat, spices, and brown sugar. A beer that will warm you up.
- Von Trapp's Oktoberfest - Brewed with a blend of light and dark Munich Malts, this traditional fest beer has a peppery aroma with caramel and toffee notes. Good depth with residual sweetness describes this fall favorite.
Pour yourself a drink. Sit by the fire. Enjoy.